R4 3DS Compatible • Nintendo 3DS Flash Cards
There is already a whole army of R4 DS NDS ROM cards that are compatible with Nintendo 3DS. They are not true N3DS cards as they run in DS-MODE on the 3DS and so they can be used to play DSi and NDS roms on the N3DS and are not yet compatible with 3DS ROMs. These cards include: Supercard DSTWO , M3i Zero , Supercard DSonei , Amazekard , EX4DS / EX4i , EZ Flash Vi , R4iCN , iSmart Premium and others.
- SuperCard Team as predicted was able to update the SCDS2 firmware to make it into a Nintendo 3DS compatible SuperCard 3DS (SC3DS). If you can afford it this is the best, most feature rich DSi / 3DS flashcard on the market. SC3DS Nintendo DS rom compatibility is as good as it gets, with extra features like Real-Time Save game support (quick save / restore to any place in the game), Multiple Save Slots, Walkthrough / Game Guide support (pause the game to read a guide and continue playing), and other extras.
SuperCard DSTWO costs more because it has an additional CPU in the cart that adds the extra processing power needed for the built-in GBA emulator, MAME and SNES emulators and DivX / HD Video player. And just like other R4 3DS cards it can run NES, GB, GBC, Atari, SEGA and many more classic games on DS Lite, DSi and 3DS.
So with this card you get to play not only the huge DS / DSi game catalog, but also most of the classic video games form older consoles and GBA + SNES roms that other R4 cards can not handle.
- AK2i with a Nintendo 3DS compatibility update is also known as AceKard 3. Team Acekard has done it again. They were the first to get a working DSi card to the market and also now one of the first teams to crack the 3DS. At first they released a video proof - files were published after Euro 3DS come out to make sure that Nintendo has no chance of blocking the AceKard 3.
- supposedly the first kit to publish the proof that they have hacked the 3DS only 24h after it's release - respect!
- simply works on 3DS without any firmware updates needed. It looks like Nintendo simply didn't have this in their test labs when they were creating the blacklists :)
- NDS ROMs
- download free games for R4 3DS cards
- DS Torrents
- RomSets with 100 zipped files in each for faster transfer
- 3DS-Rom com
- specializes in new 3DS ROM game downloads and Homebrew games that use camera and extra CPU speed of the N3DS.
- Revolution Roms - R4 3DS Games
- NDS games and patches for R4, N5, AK2i, SuperCard and CycloDS iEVO flash cards
What are Nintendo DS ROMs, here is the technical definition from - Nintendo DS ROM image, or simply NDS ROMs are computer files with a copy of all the data in a Read-Only Memory chips or a Nintendo Cartridge. The name roms is most often used to describe a video game cartridge backup, but sometimes it can be used for firmware of a smart phone (as in Android ROM and iPhone ROM) or computer's motherboard firmware or an arcade game backup copy (MAME ROM).
So How do NDS ROMs aka DS R4 roms work?
Download - unzip so you have a clean .nds file and not RAR or ZIP - copy the .nds R4 ROM to a microSD card, insert the microSD card into your R4 DS flash cart or Supercard DSTWO, or AceKard 2i, boot up your Nintendo DS and the games from the microSD card will show up in the game menu.
What are Top Nintendo DS ROM?
There are some great games that are * on the Nintendo DS Both of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and soul tracks * Big Brain Academy: Test your brain Bros! Advance Wars Castlevania Games * * * * Mario Kart DS New Super Mario
YES - R4 compatibility with N3DS has not been tested and confirmed, you can be absolutely sure that it works.
Nintendo tried to block R4 DS Flash Cards from running on 3DS by including a black-list in the firmware that did not allow the known backup devices to run on the 3DS, but this small obstacle was overcome less than 24 hours after the N3DS was official launch in Japan! Many teams are now actively working on cracking the 3DS MODE so that we can play 3DS ROM games as current generation of R4 3DS COMPATIBLE cards only plays older DS / DSi titles and not the new 3D games.
Will there be Nintendo 3DS Roms?
Yes, sure there will like we have rom backups for all other systems.
Will there be R4 3DS Flash Cards?
Yes - but the unknown here is how soon the 3DS-MODE will be hacked. There is a large / growing number or DSi R4i rom cards that are 3DS compatible. But note that they work in DSi and DS-MODE on the N3DS and are not capable of playing 3D games.
For Nintendo DS, DSL and DSi . R4 3DS backup tools for N3DS.